[ofw] WIX installer questions concerning ConnectX driver install

Stan C. Smith stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Mar 31 15:58:01 PDT 2008

Hello,
  I'm considering changing the WinOF Installer .msi to selectively install the current
  mthca driver or the ConnectX driver. A few questions if you please:

1) Can a Windows system & IB stack support both mthca hardware and connectX simultaneously?

2) In the case where only connectX hardware is present, how does the IB bus driver get loaded?
   Same method used by mthca?
   Is the IB bus driver the same for ConnectX & mthca?

3) Due to the addition of the ConnectX driver, I'm considering separating the WinOF
   installed IB bus driver files into a separate folder in order to make dpinst.exe happy.
   connectX\
   mthca\
   ibbus\
   Do you foresee any problems with this approach?

4) What is the list of required files for installing a ConnectX driver?

Thanks,

Stan.