[ofw] WIX installer questions concerning ConnectX driver install

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Mar 31 17:01:32 PDT 2008

Fab Tillier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>  I'm considering changing the WinOF Installer .msi to selectively
>>  install the current mthca driver or the ConnectX driver. A few
>> questions if you please:
>>
>> 1) Can a Windows system & IB stack support both mthca hardware and
>> connectX simultaneously?
>
> The HCAs are just PCI adapters to Windows, so the only thing that
> would prevent multiple HCAs, whether homogeneous or not, from
> functioning under Windows would be the HCA/IB drivers.
>
> The IB bus driver/IBAL used to support multiple HCAs simultaneously.
> I don't know if this is still tested but I would expect it to still
> work.
>
> -Fab

Unexpectedly there appears to be a ConnectX specific KMDF bus driver
resident under ConnectX\hw\mlx4\kernel\bus ? Not clear what the frak
this is....

Someone from Mellanox care to illuminate the rest of us as to what IB
stack changes/additions have been imposed in order to support the
ConnectX device?

Stan.