[ofw] RE: Patch: [ipoib] Limit the time that is being spent in a DPC (don't handle more than 128 packet at one recv call)

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Nov 6 14:55:52 PST 2008

> At the end of the recv_cb function we arm the cq again.
>
> After the arm a new EQE will be created and the function will be
> called again.

That will only work reliably with Mellanox HCAs, though - from an IB spec perspective the DPC should be requeue'd, and then poll until the CQ is empty, and only then rearm.

Personally I like the Mellanox semantics better (issue the callback if there are any WCs left in the CQ) - it makes for simpler code.  An HCA driver can enforce these semantics anyway if the hardware doesn't support it.

So while not IB compliant, I think this is fine.