[ofw] assert on ipoib_port.c @ 3629

Alex Estrin alex.estrin at qlogic.com
Tue Nov 11 13:02:34 PST 2008

Tzachi,

> While rebooting a machine with our latest code I have
> received the assert above:

I think network can issue DHCPDISCOVER when adapter indicates connect
status change:
Please see ipoib_port.c @ lines 4573-4579.(rev. 1748).
Reporting NDIS_STATUS_MEDIA_DISCONNECT/CONNECT to the Netowrk while port
is destroying probably a bad idea.
WDK doc chapter "Indicating Connection Status" says:
"...
Additional requirements for indicating media connection status changes
for miniport drivers are as follows:
Halting
A miniport driver must not indicate any media connection status changes
when NDIS calls MiniportHalt. "

I wonder if network will try to send that bogus request on reboot with
lines 4573-4579 removed.

Thanks,
Alex.