[ofw] [RFC] [2/2] ib cm: export CM only interface

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Nov 18 12:55:55 PST 2008

>> What is this third call usage you need?  I don't see what you're
>> doing now that you couldn't do before with one of the two calls -
>> al_cep_pre_rep leaves the callback the way it was, al_cep_pre_rep_ex
>> lets you change it (to any value, including NULL).
>
> I added the qpn as a new parameter to al_cep_pre_rep_ex and renamed
> the call kal_cep_pre_rep to indicate that it is only available in the
> kernel.  It is an internal call to AL, and nothing calls
> kap_cep_pre_rep to change the callback to NULL.

At this point, all the CEP calls are internal to AL.  You can change all usage of al_cep_pre_rep to use al_cep_pre_rep_ex, and then rename that to al_cep_pre_rep, and then add the QPN as input parameter, and no client will be affected (you might have to do some trickery with the IOCTL between user-mode and kernel-mode though).