[ofw][patch] small patches description

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 27 02:33:05 PDT 2008

I've made recently several small patches, that make cleaning or fix
little problems, we've come accross.
Here are the description:

// cleanings
1665 - a fix in calculating of the number of HCA physical ports
(relevant only for mixed IB/Ethernet card);
1668 - fixed an error code, returned in one case;
1670 - removed a comment line;
1681 - debug print formatting errors (like MTHCA instead of MLX4);
1683 - fix typos in mlx4_hca and mthca installation scripts;
1690 - improved debug printing of WQE buffer in MTHCA;
1695 - fixes in Soft Reset mechanism (relevant only for Ethernet
driver).

// contention
1671 - increased MLX4 commands' timeout from 10 to 60 seconds to survive
severe contentions in big clusters;
1672 - print to Event Log first several HCA commands timeout errors.
    Command timeout error usually means the card got stuck.
    We saw that on a big China cluster and hear about it from time to
time from various clients.

// behavior
1693 - reduced ConnectX reset time to accelerate driver start up.
    Now we wait 100 ms and poll for 5 more seconds. There was - 1 second
and 10 seconds.

// functionality
1666 - added full query_qp support to MTHCA driver;
1667 - enabled a sanity check, that was disabled in 1574 out of the
absense of full query_qp support in MTHCA;
1688 - added support to WPP in mlx4_bus driver.
    A feature, urgently needed for investigating problems with free
built drivers.