[ofw] RE: ABI/API changes

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Oct 27 09:18:30 PDT 2008

________________________________
From: Reuven Amitai [mailto:reuven at mellanox.co.il]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 3:14 AM
To: Smith, Stan
Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: ABI/API changes

Hi Stan,

In the coming release of WinOF 2.0 the ABI changed and thus all applications need to recompile.
I also noticed that there are some changes in the API, and at least one is at user code:
ib_cm_listen() at ib_al.h changed.
ci_open_ca(), ci_create_{cq, qp, spl_qp, srq} changed (used at kernel code : ibal <--> hca)
Did other changes in the API occur since last release?
Can we have a comment/section in the release notes that state it for users?

Thanks, Reuven.

Hello,
  Will include ABI change notification in release notes.

thank you,

Stan.