[ofw] ipoib connection timeout

Anatoly Greenblatt anatolyg at voltaire.com
Wed Sep 17 02:20:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

We recently found that on several systems, different os with different
hca's ipoib is not able to establish connection due to some timeout.
Once the hca was disabled and enabled (in device manager) the problem
was gone. We have a very busy infiniband network: many nodes connected
and tests running 24x7, but this is nothing compared to client's
network.

I think this situation requires better handling, message in system log
(see below) is not enough. Maybe something repetitive that sends this
query every few seconds as long as connection is not established when it
should be. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Anatoly.

Infinihost mt2508 on Win2003 x64

OpenFabrics IPoIB Adapter #2: Subnet Administrator query for port
information timed out.  Make sure the SA is functioning properly.
Increasing the number of retries and retry timeout adapter parameters
may solve the issue.

Connectx on WinXP

OpenFabrics IPoIB Adapter: Subnet Administrator query for port