[ofw] [ND 0/7] ND implementation over winverbs

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Mon Apr 6 10:23:41 PDT 2009

Excellent!

> Probably the only real issue is
> working around the lack of memory window support, but I've thought of a
> couple ways to handle that.

If you can store the RKey in the memory registration object, you can have 'bind' and 'invalidate' issue a zero-byte RDMA so that they generate a CQE.  Bind would then return the pre-existing RKey.  Note that the MR handle for 64-bit apps can be the LKey/RKey pair.  You only need extra logic for 32-bit apps.

This doesn't provide any of the value of memory windows, but it does get things to be functional until true MW support is provided in the HW drivers.