[ofw] ibbus - Control Device Object - bugzilla #1367

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Apr 20 12:40:49 PDT 2009

Hello,
  Please review/test-drive these files and see how they work for you.
My testing shows the Control Device Object implementation works well over multiple enable/disable cycles (WSD needs to be removed 1st in order to prevent mandatory reboot).
Additionally System shutdown now removes the HCA devices and then shuts down IBAL so IBAL-async threads no longer attempt to send/forward MADs on a shutdown HCA.

The only problem I find is the ordering of enabling devices exposes what may be a bug in AL MAD pool cleanup.
HCAs are numbered 1 & 2, HCA 1 is loaded/enabled 1st, then #2.
If you disable #2, then #1 and then enable #2, the AL MAD layer blows up; corrupted LookAsideList, see enclosed file fail.txt.

If you disable HCA #2, #1, then enable #1, #2, everything works as expected.
Failure currently under investigation.

The CDO code is what you forwarded to me last week with the additions of global dos_name & dev_nam plus removing HCAs on system shutdown; bus_driver.c & bus_pnp.c handle this.

The bus_port_mgr.c changes are white-space alignment and the use of BUS_TRACE instead of BUS_PRINT.

Thanks,

Stan.