[ofw] is there any way to determine what rate a port is running at?

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Aug 13 01:18:27 PDT 2009

To calculate the active rate you need link_speed_active and
link_width_active.
There are no such fields in ib_ca_attr_t.
To add support to this one has to change QUERY_CA interface (which is
worth to be done IMO)

Today there is no kernel code that calculates port rate.
Vstat does it - see vstat_get_port_info() and printPortRate() in
vstat_main.c.
You can do the same from kerenel ...