[ofw] post send in kernel mode

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 10:11:00 PDT 2009

>>Basically QP and CQ can be obtained in kernel mode winverbs driver  using
>>WvQpAcquire(..) and WvCqAcquire() respectively.
>
>These two calls lookup a handle given some integer ID.  The QP and CQ must have
>already been created.  They provide validation of the user space identifiers
>and
>protect against destruction while the underlying handles are in use.

Ok - re-reading your email, I misunderstood what you were trying to do.  I think
what you're describing could be made to work.  It would just take some effort to
ensure any final solution was well designed and something we wanted long term
though, and even then I'm not completely sure about it.  It would require one
driver knowing the internal structures and implementation of a separate driver
that may be difficult to maintain.