[ofw] post send in kernel mode

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 15:44:09 PDT 2009

>But if I understand your logic than what you realy have is a process in
>user mode. This process wants to send data. I think that what you want
>to do is 1) move from user to kernel. 2) register the data with the hca
>(fmr?) or copy it to an already registered buffer. 3) send the data.
>What advantage does this have over sending directly from the user?

The real problem is that there are not sufficient kernel interfaces to support
the rdma cm pre-2008.  Prasanna was suggesting to establish the connection from
userspace, where there is support, but do everything else in the kernel.  (If I
finally understood it correctly.)

Maybe ipoib can provide the necessary kernel interfaces for rdma-cm support?