[ofw] winverbs.sys build in Windows 2003 platform

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Aug 27 14:03:59 PDT 2009

>Since winverbs.sys is a WDF driver, please let me know how it is built
>for testing in Win2K3 platform.
>Should it built  using   WDK env, even for Win2K3 platform ... any
>additional tweaks needed ?

winverbs.sys builds using the WDK environment for all platforms.  You will need
the WDK, SDK, and ND SDK installed.  See inc/docs/build.txt for additional
details (copied below).

- Sean

build.txt:
To build the WinOF tree, you need to have the following installed:

WDK version 6001.18001
Windows Platform SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 (v6.1)

The WinOF tree (kernel drivers and userspace libraries) is built from the WDK
build environment.  You need to set the following environment variables:

OPENIB_REV		(example set OPENIB_REV=0)
PLATFORM_SDK_PATH	(example set
PLATFORM_SDK_PATH=c:\progra~1\mi2578~1\windows\v6.1)
ND_SDK_PATH		(example set ND_SDK_PATH=c:\progra~1\mi3029~1\networ~1)

The OPENIB_REV variable can be set to the SVN revision number of the code.

The PLATFORM_SDK_PATH variable must reference the SDK path, using 8.3 notation
(no spaces).  You can use 'dir /x' to obtain the correct 8.3 notation for a
given directory.

The ND_SDK_PATH variable must reference the NetworkDirect directory of the
HPC SDK, using 8.3 notation (no spaces).  You can use 'dir /x' to obtain the
correct 8.3 notation for a given directory.

Environment variables may be set by using the 'set' command in a command prompt
window.  Or by selecting Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System
->
Advanced -> Environment Variables.

To build the code, cd into the trunk and type 'build -wg'.  See 'build -?' for
additional build options.

A build batch file is also available in etc\bldwo.bat that allows building
for any OS / processor architecture from within a single command window.  Run
'bldwo' without any arguments for more details.