[ofw] About OFED fork support.

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Fri Dec 18 07:54:56 PST 2009

Hi, I find this document piece exists in several OFED releases, including OFED 1.5:

3. Fork support from kernel 2.6.12 and above is available provided

   that applications do not use threads. The fork() is supported as long

   as the parent process does not run before the child exits or calls exec().

   The former can be achieved by calling wait(childpid), and the latter can be

   achieved by application specific means.  The Posix system() call is

   supported.

Are there any work made to remove the limitations ? Do we still have to sync between parent and child ?

Thank you very much.

--CQ Tang, HP-MPI for HP Business Intelligence.