[ofw] [ib-diag] sminfo: add support for WinOF

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Sat Feb 14 11:02:28 PST 2009

On 10:21 Sat 14 Feb     , Sean Hefty wrote:

> >> I think it'll be easier to just put this include in ibdiag_common.h...
> >
> >What about to add files inttypes.h and unistd.h in winof tree? It could
> >be wrapper similars to ibdiag_osd.h.
>
> That could be done.  The files would just be empty.

The files could be empty or as alternative to contain logically related
stuff there. (For example inttypes.h can contain PRI* macros
definitions). Another (at least hypothetical) advantage of such method
is that when (and if it will happen) WinOF will decide to use things
like cygwin then the "porting" will be pretty trivial.

> As a thought, if you think
> of the porting going the reverse direction, would you want to add a windows.h to
> the linux side?

Only in case when I would start a win-centric project porting. :)

About windows.h - I guess this file is actually included in all (or
almost) user space *.c files, assuming so we can put in in config.h.

Sasha