[ofw] [RFC] ib-diags: mirror OFED diags in WinOF repository

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 24 14:42:13 PST 2009

I'm not posting an actual patch here, because the vast majority of changes to
support the diags are in the other patches that have been posted, and the diag
code itself is maintained in git.  With the other patches, the OFED
management/infiniband-diags code will drop directly (almost) into the WinOF
source tree, build, and execute.

In addition to the posted patches, there are a few windows only files that are
needed.  (These are all available in my winverbs branch if anyone cares enough
to look.)  Obviously, dirs and sources files are needed.  There is also an
ibdiag_windows.c file -- pulls in getopt.c and inet.c -- and a config.h file --
includes verbs.h and _string.h.  (That's literally all those two files do.)

I am proposing that trunk/tools/infiniband_diags be deleted and replaced with
trunk/tools/infiniband-diags.  I intentionally made the names different, so I
could work on the latter without disturbing the other until the code was
complete.  Both the libibmad and infiniband-diags code will be updated by
pulling from the OFED git trees.

If I don't get any objections, I will do this after resolving any issues raised
against the submitted patches to support the diags, primarily the changes to
ib_types.h.

- Sean

Note: a 1 line patch is needed to complete the port between OFED and WinOF.
That patch is available in my ib-mgmt.git tree.