[ofw] RE: ipoib connected mode implementation details for consideration.

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 17 23:50:33 PST 2009

>    -Connected Mode is forced to stay disabled if LSO is enabled
>    ( not sure how to make it work together since LSO is tied to UD ).

I'm not sure that I understand your problem here:
An LSO packet is simply a big packet that the hw should send using
smaller packets.

Assuming that you have a cm connection between the two endpoints, is
there any reason not to send this packets using CM?

One possibale reason that I can see is checksum: For LSO packets windows
will not calculate the regular checksum but rather do some calculation
of the pseudo header checksum. But I guess that this is part of the
problems that we have with checksum and connected mode in any case.