[ofw] RE: WinOF 2.0 installation question

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Jul 20 13:02:05 PDT 2009

Hello,
  A couple questions and suggestions:

You do have a Mellanox ConnectX HCA in your system and not an older Mellanox InfiniHost HCA?

Download a new copy of ibclean.bat
>From a privileged administrator cmd window, run ibcleanup.bat

*** REBOOT ***

Once rebooted - What is the DeviceID for the Mellanox ConnectX HCA you have installed? Or do you know the model number?
run devmgmt.msc from a command window.
You should see under 'Other Devices' an InfiniBand Controller.
Select properties for the device.
Details Tab
Select 'Hardware IDs' properties
Email 1st 3 lines of Hardware IDs properties
cancel
file->exit

>From a privileged administrator cmd window, run ibscan.bat
Ibscan should show no lingering files and errs in not finding registry entries.
If this is the case, then

Install OpenFabrics WinOF 2.0.2  (WinOF_2-0-2_wlh_x64.msi) which you downloaded from http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WinOF/v2.0.2/Server_2008-Vista-HPC/Installers/

There is no reason I can think of as to why WinOF 2.0.2 should not install, except for lingering files and/or registry entries left over from previous installs.
The WinOF error your are seeing indicates the Mellanox ConnectX bus driver installed, although the installation of the InfiniBand HCA driver failed; not sure how this occurs as generally if one installs the other installs and both are required?

Try the ibcleanup.bat & reboot, 2.0.2 install and forward the HCA DeviceID before trying RC2.

thanks,

stan.