[ofw] port RDS to OFW - request for input...

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 23 13:46:58 PDT 2009

Does the notation: "remote IP -> local IP, remote GID" means, I want to
connect to the remote IP x.x.x.x what is it's gid and what is the local
interface?

I guess that if it is we can add this functionality to ipoib. The way to
do it is simple:
Send an arp packet to all interfaces and wait for response.

In the arp response you will find the GID and the interface that the
response returned is the looked up interface.

Sine we need to also implement time outs and retransmissions, this will
probably take a week to implement.

Is this better than relaying on a user mode service to get that
information? Hard to tell.