[ofw] port RDS to OFW - request for input...

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 23 15:20:07 PDT 2009

Communicating is possibale only in one way from user to kernel.
In other words what this means is the kernel driver goes up and waits
for the user to connect to it. When the user service goes up it sends a
request which is actually a question "do you need help". The driver
waits until it has some question to ask. It than completes the user
request. The user finds the answer and then sends the answer to the
kernel. It then sends another request.
This is the principal. Not too complicated but ugly in a scene of a
kernel library trusting a user to supply answers.

See http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?id=94 for the details.