[ofw] skipping QP states during transitions

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Jun 5 10:55:43 PDT 2009

>No, you need to move from reset to init to RTR and only than to RTS.

Ok - thanks.

>Look at the IB spec on section 10.3

I was just exploring whether any hardware, separate from the existing software
stacks, supported 'skipping' QP states -- assuming necessary values for the
other states were also given.  In theory, hardware could walk through the states
internally.  The motivation is to decrease the time to connect QPs by reducing
the number of commands that need to be issued to the hardware.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting that such a feature is all that important.
I'm just exploring ideas.