[ofw] Concurrent RDMA Write w/imm between hosts and bandwidth/latency

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Mon Mar 16 08:59:13 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am facing this problem: I have 3 hosts A, B, C.
Hosts A and B send each other some small buffers at very regular intervals of time, and these buffers are "urgent" or "time critical" buffers.
Host C sends to host B a very big buffer, and this is a "non urgent" buffer.
I want the "urgent" transfer between A and B to not be affected by this "non urgent" transfer between C and B.
The "urgent" buffers should have the same travel times as if the "non urgent" transfer is non-existent.

How can I achieve this? Fence indicator?
Any hint is greatly appreciated.

All the communications are done with RDMA Write with Immediate.
The cards I have are MHES14-XTC and MHGA28-XTC.
I am using Windows XP 32bit (I am including general list because I think this is a non-windows only "problem")

Best regards,
Diego