[ofw] question on use of ib_put_mad

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon May 4 16:07:24 PDT 2009

>The MAD pool has a reference taken out on it for each mad taken out of the
>pool.  So the pool won't go away until all MADs have been returned.
>
>I'm not sure I understand the synchronization issue you're seeing.

The following steps are required to send a MAD:

open_al
open_ca
alloc_pd
get_spl_qp
reg_mad_svc

cleanup is almost the reverse (no unregister_mad_svc)

destroy_qp
dealloc_pd
close_ca
close_al

If all cleanup calls are synchronous, where must ib_put_mad be called?  The user
never explicitly destroys the mad pool or unregisters the MAD service, so
callbacks can occur up until destroy_qp returns, correct?