[ofw] WinOF IPoIB fails with a subnet prefix other than the default

David McMillen davem at systemfabricworks.com
Sat May 9 10:00:43 PDT 2009

If I use WinOF running IPoIB with an Infiniband subnet prefix
of fe80000000000000 all works as expected.

If I change the low order bits, the connectivity goes away (interface shows
as cable disconnected) but the system functions as expected without that
IPoIB connectivity.

If I change the subnet prefix to something like 2001000000000000 then I
never get IPoIB connectivity.  Whatever is happening, sometimes the system
becomes highly unresponsive, and  it also leans hard on the Linux system
running the subnet manager, making it very sluggish.  My intention is to use
a router, but problem happens even with no router on the subnet.

Has anybody ever used WinOF with something other than the default subnet
prefix?  If so, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dave McMillen