[ofw] skip ND components for IA64 ipoib driver load

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon May 11 14:47:33 PDT 2009

Hello,
  Until ND components build for IA64, we need to remove the ia64 ND components referenced in ipoib.inx/inf files.

The essence of the change is to break apart ND and WSD components into separate groups and include ND and/or WSD components as required.

Into the future, when ND runs over winverbs, the IA64 ND support will be included and these special cases can be removed.

I sent out patches a few weeks ago; I suspect they were overlooked in busy times.

Reuven had inquired about why netipoib-xp32.inf contained unused entries for {ia64/x64}?
It's easier to verify changes in netipoib.inx get reflected into netipoib-xp32.inf if the files are basically the same sans WSD; even though the ia64/x64 clauses are unused in 'netipoib-xp32.inf'.

Looking forward to the day we drop XP support.

Stan.