[ofw] RE: Svn commit 2183

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu May 14 16:01:04 PDT 2009

Hefty, Sean wrote:
>>  Did you want fries with that?      :-)
>
> I'd like a small milkshake please.
>
>> +if DEFINED PLATFORM_SDK_PATH (
>> +    set _PSDK=%PLATFORM_SDK_PATH%
>> +) else (
>> +    set _PSDK=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Windows\v6.1
>> +)
>
> I'd rather see an error message if this is not defined.  Short path
> names are specific to individual installations, so the default is
> unlikely to work except on your system.
>
> - Sean

if DEFINED PLATFORM_SDK_PATH (
    set _PSDK=%PLATFORM_SDK_PATH%
) else (
    set _PSDK=C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Windows\v6.1
)
if NOT EXIST %_PSDK% (
    echo Missing PLATFORM SDK @ %_PSDK%
    exit /B 1
)

Is how the script currently reads.
The script is designed for the explicit purpose of building a WinOF release from a command window, it is not a general purpose tool as evidenced by the requirement of a digital certificate.
There are possibly 2/3 people on the planet who may want to use this script.
It is further documented in the script as being a template requiring some assembly/localization.
All-n-all it's not intended for general consumption.

Now about that milkshake....sorry, InfiniBand sized shakes is all there is...

Stan.