[ofw] RE: IPoIB NDIS 6.0 - what is the proposed svn file structure?

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Tue May 26 10:42:59 PDT 2009

> Hello,
>   I'm not entirely clear as to who is working on NDIS 6.0 IPoIB, hence
> the broad addressing.
>
> What are you thoughts on how the SVN file system structure will look
> like once the following work is SVN committed:
>
> 1) NDIS 6.0 IPoIB code (Datagram mode)
> 2) NDIS 6.0 IPoIB CM (Connected Mode)

Shouldn't the CM and datagram code be combined, with the CM functionality controlled via an adapter/driver configuration parameter?

> 3) NDIS 5.2 IPoIB, I'm assuming there is no CM for NDIS 5.2?

At some point it might make sense to put NDIS 5.1 version of IPoIB in maintenance mode (or entire OS support) and let new development focus on the newer operating system versions.