[ofw] RE: installation/connectivity problems on hpc server

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Nov 11 14:35:26 PST 2009

Hello,
  Please see inline comments.

________________________________
From: ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org [mailto:ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Anatoly Greenblatt
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:05 PM
To: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [ofw] installation/connectivity problems on hpc server

Hi,

Should we have any problems installing Winof 2.1 on server 2008 hpc edition sp2? Or am I missing something.

Have not attempted a WinOF install on Svr 2008 HPC sp2, although I would not anticipate any problems.
Try installing via 'start/wait msiexec /I WinOF_2-1_wlh_x64.msi /Lv msi.log'. Grep log file for error.

The installation ends prematurely claiming that previous installation was detected.
Is this a MSFT installer error message or a WinOF installer error message?

I've exctracted the drivers from winof hpc x64 msi and installed manually.

Since you have already installed HCA drivers by hand, you want to install WinOF with NO devices installed
  'start/wait msiexec /I WinOF_2-1_wlh_x64.msi NODEV=1'   # just take the default install, no devices will be installed.

The bus/hca/ipoib drivers were installed successfully, however the ipoib network adapter shows status "disconnected"
State of cable disconnected indicates the SM has not seen/configured --> Active port state.

Opsnsm is running on linux node and shows all ports/nodes as connected. Vstat on the nodes shows that ports that are physically connected are up.   UP == Active port state?

It is c-class hp blade with connectx gen2. firmware 2.6.1.

Any ideas how to fix ipoib connection?

Thanks,
Anatoly.