[ofw] RE: installation/connectivity problems on hpc server

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 10:53:18 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Sean Hefty <sean.hefty at intel.com> wrote:
>>Stan/Sean, when you perform linux/windows dapl tests do you use windows
>>or linux opensm and what is the value of sa_key?
>
> I always use a linux version of opensm, since I share switches with a linux
> cluster.  I don't know what value the sa_key is, but it's 99% likely to be
> whatever the default is.
>
> Do you know what exactly the sa_key maps to?

The default sa_key depends on which version of OpenSM is being used.

# Note that for both values above (sm_key and sa_key)
# OpenSM version 3.2.1 and below used the default value '1'
# in a host byte order, it is fixed now but you may need to
# change the values to interoperate with old OpenSM running
# on a little endian machine.

> Is this how the user specifies the
> SM key, or is it something else?

There are two separate keys: sm_key and sa_key.

-- Hal