[ewg] Re: [ofw] SC'09 BOF - Meeting notes

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Nov 19 11:17:03 PST 2009

 > How can 1500 lines out of 240k lines be a big change.. do I have these
 > numbers right - is the
 > big change you are referring too?

If there are significant changes to the core APIs -- and IBoE has
exactly this impact -- then yes it can be a big change even if the line
count is small.

 > What is the risk area that you are worried about .. do you think it
 > will break current
 > transports or existing ULPs ?

I am worried that no one has thought through all the issues and corner
cases around address resolution, multicast, etc, and that when we do get
a standardized version of IBoE, we'll have to break core APIs yet again.

 - R.