[ofw] RE: ib_types.h moving

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Oct 2 09:56:22 PDT 2009

><sigh> yes this discussion has digressed.  But I don't think we should dive
>into breaking up (or moving) ib_types just to move things around.  I think
>Sasha is right we need to have a plan for where things _should_ end up.  As I
>look for homes for all the items of ib_types I find that it is not just one
>place.  :-/

I really don't think it's worth the effort to rework IB libraries and MAD
layers.  Most user space applications need simpler interfaces to use than
communicating directly with the IB SA.  For the few that want or need to, the
existing libraries are sufficient.  We only need a better place for some of the
structure definitions than an opensm header file.  Even the ib-diags shouldn't
depend on opensm.