[ofw] ***SPAM*** RFC on suggested WinOF changes

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Oct 21 10:04:37 PDT 2009

Forwarded due to mailer problems @ Qlogic.

Please  respond to john.russo at qlogic.com<mailto:john.russo at qlogic.com> and the list.

thank you,

stan.
________________________________
From: John Russo [mailto:john.russo at qlogic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:17 AM
To: Smith, Stan
Subject: Can you forward this

I have tried to send this to the mailing list 3 times.  If you haven't seen it yet (I have not), would you please attempt to send it out for me.

I would like to hear people's opinions on these issues and whether these changes would be acceptable to the WinOF community.

1.       Each ULP that passes a physical address to WinOF needs to also pass a virtual address for the same block for us to be able to use it.
a.       This has been done in OFED although it may have been a more centralized change.
b.      This can be done is such a way that it is transparent to Mellanox HCA users.

2.       Make the GUID_RDMA interface documented and moved 'outside' into its own special subdirectory.
a.      The documentation specifically has to let people know what the inbound and outbound data should be, what it should not be and any known ordering issues

3.       Make the InfiniBand class GUID similarly move outside and ensure that there are no class installer or upper/ lower filter dependencies in the GUID - that should be the responsibility of the class instance to handle

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA5248.6384F020]
John F. Russo
Engineering Manager
QLogic Corporation