[ofw] generating traces in winverbs.sys

Prasanna Vv prasanna.vv at oracle.com
Tue Sep 1 09:42:26 PDT 2009

I am a seeing issue with loading of  winverbs.sys built in my  env.
I built WOF2.1 winverbs.sys based on sources under
WOF2-1\core\winverbs\kernel directory ("bldwo fre x86 2003") and
replaced it in \windows\system32\drivers directory in WINOF 2.1 install
env.  After I reboot the system, i donot see \\\\.\\winverbs  object
getting created, which means the driver is not loaded properly.

2 obvious changes i see are:
  - I used WDK 7600.16385.0, since this is the latest version available
from MS.
   - winverbs.sys built my me is 36K size, whereas the WINOF 2.1 release
winverbs.sys size is around 44K

Please let me know if you have any clue on this issue.
Also, is there is way to generate trace in winverbs.sys

Thanks,
Prasanna