[ofw] Win2008 - X64 - WinOF_2-1-RC4_wlh_x64.zip installer question

Sivaselvam Narayanasamy sivaselvam.narayanasamy at oracle.com
Fri Sep 11 07:43:42 PDT 2009

Hi,

This is a question on Win2008-x64 system having the ConnectX ( MT25418)
- Mellanox ConnectX DDR Channel Adapter !

When I install the latest v2.1 RC4 installer "RC4
WinOF_2-1-RC4_wlh_x64.zip",  thought the install goes fine, I find only
" mlx4_bus.sys" gets installed in the "system32\drivers" directory.  I
do NOT find the other drivers viz.
ibbus.sys, ipoib.sys, mlx4_hca.sys get installed.   These drivers are
available though in the "c:\Program Files (x86)\WinOF\Drivers" folder.
Naturally I don't get the LAN adapter objects created since IPoIB is not
there.

But when I install the  v2.0.2 installer "WinOF_2-0-2_wlh_x64.zip", I
don't have any issue and everything gets installed fine.  This installer
specifically gives option to choose the right Mellanox  driver
"Infinihost" or "ConnectX", but I don't see any such option available in
the latest v2.1 installer. I did install all the core modules.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks
Siva