[ofw] RE: patch: Support APM on IBAL code

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Sep 24 08:48:55 PDT 2009

>It seems that one change in my code is causing build break, and I have there
>for reverted this part on 2467.
>
>It seems that the function al_cep_pre_req is now replaced with kal_cep_pre_req
>witch doesn't have the IB QP, as part of it.
>
>In order to allow me to return this code, it seems that the best solution is to
>add a new member to the struct iba_cm_req: iq_qp_hqndle_t h_qp.
>
>Are there any objections to this? (In other words, am I breaking some kind of
>abstraction here?)

Please do NOT add the QP handle to the iba_cm structures / interfaces.  Winverbs
calls these functions and does not have the same QP handles.  We need to
separate the CM interface from the verb interface and prevent them from sharing
handles.

The al_cep_* calls should still be available for use.  If you want to call the
kal_cep_* functions directly, you can just set the QPN in the iba_cm_req
structure, since that's all the CM needs.