[ofw] librdmacm.dll PD

Prasanna Kumar prasanna.vv at oracle.com
Fri Apr 9 06:28:01 PDT 2010

Hi All,

The current implementation of rdma_cm makes it necessary for PD to be
allocated for every connection. But I think underlaying  WinVerbs can
support single PD across multiple connections for a given IB device.
Please let me know if I am correct.

One possible fix I think that can make rdma_cm to support single PD
across multiple connections is to  initialize device in 'cma_dev_array'
variable only once  in ucma_acquire() call and maintain same verbs
pointer for all the cma_id created for a given IB device.
Please let me know your feedback on the same.

Thanks,
Prasanna

PS: This is a resend message. Previously I had send it to ofw-bounces at openfabrics.org