[ofw] help about WinVerbs

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Aug 9 09:56:59 PDT 2010

copying ofw mail list on respose:

The comp_channel abstraction is used internally to libibverbs and librdmacm.  It is separated out for use by DAPL and other applications, but its use is not required.  On Linux, several applications call select/poll on the fd's associated with the verbs and rdma_cm event/completion channels.  This is OS specific functionality and is not possible on Windows, the comp_channel abstraction provides functionality somewhat similar to calling select/poll on the fd's, including simulating calls such as fdset.

- Sean