[ofw] What is an IOC device ID and what is DriverStore

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:51:47 PDT 2010

In scouring the many manuals with the Window's IB drivers I found a
clue as to why I can't get SRP working in WinOF:

  Windows PNP (Plug-n-Play) will match the IOC device ID with
DriverStore installed drives and then will load the IBiou.sys driver

How do I set the "IOC device ID" and what is DriverStore?

I can make the Windows SRP miniport devices appear and disappear by
removing/reloading ib_srpt on the target (at least with the 2.1.1
driver from Mellanox; the latest at openfabrics.org panics the
WS2008R2 system when ib_srpt is rmmod'ed).

Beyond that, Windows never sees the drives... Linux initiators don't
have an issue.

Someone throw me a bone!  The SRP initiator seems to have been broken
for many months on WinDoh's.

Thanks,

Chris