[ofw] [patch] [winverb] fix BS in WinVerbs when getting an event for non IB port

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Sun Dec 12 22:04:33 PST 2010

> That said,  you bring up a good question: how is RoCE going to be handled
> with this stack?  Is it going to show up as another HCA?  How will WinVerbs
> work over RoCE ports?

Winverbs should be modified to work with RoCE regardless of the final implementation.  Does windows support a filter driver registering for multiple device classes?  (I'd guess so, even if it required different .inf files.)  I'm not sure how many kernel changes will be needed, versus modifications to the winverbs library.  RoCE support will need to be propagated up through libibverbs once the Linux APIs for that are merged.

RoCE will still need QP1 and IB CM support.