[ofw] winverbs ND provider

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 14 09:09:16 PST 2010

>3) When running with the ndconnect over the winverbs nd provider I get
>the following error
>INDConnector::Connect failed with c038000e
>This was tracked to be bind() failing with error 10055.

I haven't seen this error.  Please make sure that you're running with
the latest code in svn.

>4) I have also noticed that there seems to be a memory leak somewhere
>since the memory footprint keeps growing.
>It also seems that the sockets that are being opened are never being
>closed. This might explain some of the longer times that it takes the
>test to run. This leak probably also explains the failure in bind since
>there are no more addresses.

Everything should get cleaned up when the app exits.  Does the memory
get reclaimed after the test, or just increase during execution?  Have
you looked at other tests, to see if they exhibit the same problem?
(I'll take a look at this today.)

The sockets are closed when the endpoint is destroyed.  See the
~CWVConnectEndpoint() destructor.

>5) When running with the IBAL provider it seems that there is no memory
>leak in the test itself. On the other hand the total memory being used
>by the computer keeps growing => there is some leak in the kernel. This
>leak gets freed when the driver goes down.

So, with winverbs, the test increases user space memory use, but ibal
increases kernel memory use?  Do I understand this correctly?

>As for the times themselves:
>Due to all other issues that I was dealing I was only able to reach the
>following conclusion:
>
>m_pConnector->Connect (as measured in the test) takes around 155 us
>
>On the function CNDConnector::Connect
>	m_pWvConnEp->BindAddress takes 87us
>	IBAT::Resolve takes 52us
>
>All this doesn't really explain where the time is being spent and we
>need to continue looking.

Thanks for the help.