[ofw] memory violation in wv_srq Query

Shiqing Fan fan at hlrs.de
Thu Jul 15 11:32:13 PDT 2010

  Hi Sean,

I'm running the code on Windows Server 2008 HPC Edition, with AMD
Opteron processor 250 2.40GHz (2 processors).

Other than this problem, everything seems working with our application. :-)

Thanks,
Shiqing

On 2010-7-15 7:45 PM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>>> I got a memory violation error in wv_srq.cpp Query() function around line
>>> 202. It seems using uninitialized verbsData.output_size for memcpy. The
>>> verbsData.input_size is initialized in WvPreQueryQp (wvuverbs.cpp), and
>> it
>>> has a similar memcpy in this function too.
>>>
>>> Could this be a bug? It happens when I call ibv_modify_srq() in the
>>> application.
>> I'm not sure if any other app has ever called through the SRQ code path.
>> I'll take a look at this.
> This definitely looks like a bug.  I believe that I need to add:
>
> p_umv_buf->output_size = 0;
>
> to wv_uverbs.cpp everywhere that the input_size is set to 0.
>
> I'll make that change and provide you an updated copy of winverbs.dll for further testing.  What OS and CPU architecture are you running on?
>
> - Sean

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
   Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan at hlrs.de
70569 Stuttgart