[ofw] Current IPoIB performance with WinOF

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Wed Mar 10 01:44:19 PST 2010

A few comments about your question:

1) SDR cards can only reach about 7.7G bit of bw due to the 8:10 encoding and other overhead.
2) There haven't been a lot of work done on performance on the last years, but checksum offload and large send offload have been added (assuming that your card support it. Connectx is an example to a card that supports this features).
3) Using 4k MTU should allow you to reach higher bw. (again, you will need Connectx).
4) Since computers are much stronger today than they have been on 2007, you should be able to reach very close to the theoretical bw (of SDR).
5) When working with full bw cpu of the receiver will be the bottleneck.
6) Our software is being tested on windows server 2008 R2. This is one of the operating systems that we do whql on. We believe that it should also work for windows 7 64 bits, but we don't really test there.