[ofw] IBV_WC_LOC_PROT_ERR

prasanna prasanna.vv at oracle.com
Thu Mar 25 04:51:19 PDT 2010

Hi All,

When I do ibv_post_send() call (IBV_WR_SEND), I get
'IBV_WC_LOC_PROT_ERR' error in WC status  in  the send CQ hander.
Is this related to lkey ? I create mr for the send  buffer with
WV_ACCESS_LOCAL_WRITE access.

The first call to ibv_post_send() completes with IBV_WC_SUCCESS.
The second call to  ibv_post_send() fails with the above error.  The
lkey here is same as the first  post send and use different range in
send buffer for which MR is obtained.
The subsequent calls to ibv_post_send() completes with IBV_WC_WR_FLUSH_ERR.

Please let me know any clue on the same.

Thanks,
Prasanna