[ofw] ibal registration in WinOF2.2

Sophia Germans sophia.germans at qlogic.com
Tue May 4 14:21:21 PDT 2010

I was moving from WinOF2.0.2 to WinOF2.2.

I found that the ibal registration is changed and verbs interface is obtained via IRP_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE. Now that our driver supports RDMA_INTERFACE_VERBS interface and had ibbus as UPF.
There are only differences to our host driver setup information file :  (1) we have our own private class (i-e we don't use infinibandclass) and (2) have our own private guid defined.

I observe the following :
When ibbus is declared UPF to the class key, host driver gets loaded . Ibbus is not loaded.
When ibbus is declared UPF in AddReg directive to the driver, ibbus is loaded, gets its add device called and then start routine  ( I see that it passes START_IRP down to host driver and host driver successfully completes START_irp ). IBBUS then tries to query the  driver defined rdma guid interface, irp is passed on to itself.
This IRP is passed down to the stack below, which well matches our driver's FDO but host driver never sees this IRP and hence driver fails to load.

Will device class and guid cause a concern ?

Thanks
Sophia.