[ofw] OpenSM and IB_PORT_CAP_IS_SM

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu May 20 00:21:58 PDT 2010

I see in the OpenSM code that it sets the IS_SM port capability bit.  I didn't see anywhere that it would get cleared when exiting (normally or abnormally.)  I would expect IBAL to keep track of what bits a user-mode client set, and clear them when that user-mode client goes away.  Is there any such code, and is it just broken, or is that functionality not there at all?

We're trying to use sminfo to detect if the SM crashed, and sminfo returns the same data whether opensm is running or not, once opensm has been run.