[ofw] new ND framework

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu May 27 15:39:23 PDT 2010

I've created a framework for a new winverbs ND provider.  This is a port of the winverbs ND 1 provider, with only those functions which were convenient to implement as part of the port being done (about 80% of the calls).  The framework has been committed to SVN under trunk/ulp/netdirect2.  It can be used as the basis for a full implementation, but I will not be able to complete it for at least a few weeks.  (Look for '???' in the source for missing areas.)

My plan was for this provider to only support 64-bit versions of Windows running Vista/Server 2008 and above.  32-bit support requires converting the ND_SGE to WV_SGE, which isn't a huge deal, but it makes the code ugly.  It looked like Window HPC requires 64-bit systems, so I omitted the 32-bit support.

Some updates will be needed to winverbs to handle addressing and IB ACM support that I'm guessing would be best handled in the kernel.  I don't believe that Windows versions prior to 2008 provide the necessary kernel interfaces.  My anticipation is that some winverbs capabilities, and, hence future ND support, will be limited in older versions of Windows.  Again, I don't believe this will be an issue.

I will not post the code to the list until the ND 2 SPIs have been officially released.