[ofw] Disable WSD by default in MSI

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Oct 1 12:36:18 PDT 2010

> The current default for the OFED MSI packages is to enable WSD by default.
> We've seen sporadic issues with WSD, and I'd like to see the default be to
> not enable WSD.  I'd also like to see ND enabled by default.
>
> This way, when someone installs the MSI, they get the most common settings
> by default, without introducing instability in socket applications and
> services.
>
> Thoughts?

I can't think of any negatives to enabling ND by default.  Is there evidence showing that WSD provides enough of a performance benefit to keep it enabled by default, given the potential downside?

Personally, I don't install WSD when installing the OFED package, mainly because I want to remove that as a variable in my testing.