[ofw] [Scst-devel] [ANNOUNCE] winOFED 2.3 RC3 available for download

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Oct 6 09:07:50 PDT 2010

________________________________
From: bart.vanassche at gmail.com [mailto:bart.vanassche at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Bart Van Assche
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:37 AM
To: Smith, Stan
Cc: Chris Worley; ofw at lists.openfabrics.org; scst-devel
Subject: Re: [Scst-devel] [ofw] [ANNOUNCE] winOFED 2.3 RC3 available for download

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Smith, Stan <stan.smith at intel.com<mailto:stan.smith at intel.com>> wrote:
[ discussing the Windows SRP initiator ]

Since there are no active SRP maintainers, SRP status is questionable at this juncture.

Does that mean that Windows users who want a supported InfiniBand storage initiator driver have no other option than running Windows inside a virtual machine ?

Bart.

Hello,
  I'm not sure I understand your question in that how does running Windows inside a virtual machine get you a supported SRP initiator?

To date, the Windows SRP initiator works for some definition of works; Chris and I have both had success running winOFED 2.3 RC3 SRP drivers such that we are both able to find and utilize SRP target disks.
That said, there are rough edges that could/should be polished if Windows SRP had an active maintainer(s).

stan.