[ofw] [ANNOUNCE] winOFED 2.3 RC3 available for download

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 7 16:23:35 PDT 2010

Chris Worley wrote on Thu, 7 Oct 2010 at 15:49:29

> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Smith, Stan <stan.smith at intel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> NUMA is not tested (no hardware), are you sure you are not speaking
>> of win2k8-R2 DataCenter w.r.t.?
>
> It's "Enterprise" where Windows starts getting NUMA nodes right (>64
> cores).

NUMA support in Windows is built in starting with Windows Vista/Server 2008.  NUMA nodes depend more on hardware configurations that pure core count.  For example, some of the servers I test on are dual socket Nehalem, and are treated as having 2 NUMA nodes, each with 4 cores.

The limit on the number of CPU sockets for Windows Server 2008 R2 is detailed here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/r2-compare-specs.aspx

I would be surprised if the edition of the OS affected the behavior of the devices.  I'd be more inclined to believe some configuration changed caused problems with SRP which resulted in the behavior you saw.

Cheers,